Health Savings Accounts
HSAs can empower your employees to get the most out of their health care dollars and take control of their spending. If you offer a qualified high-deductible health plan, you can offer an HSA to help manage costs and sustain health benefits.
Benefits for your organization
- Reduced payroll taxes — Employees’ pretax contributions reduce your payroll taxes and their taxable income (in most states).
- Decreased paperwork — Employees are responsible for verifying their expenses, paying for qualified medical expenses with their HSAs and reporting tax on account distributions.
- Enhanced benefits package — Attract and retain employees with a product that helps employees pay for health care now and save for health care in the future.
Benefits for your employees
- Reduced income taxes — Employees’ contributions reduce their taxable income (in most states).
- Tax-free growth — Accounts earn interest at competitive rates.
- Investment options — Employees can use some of their money to invest in no-load mutual funds for greater potential growth over time.
- Tax-free distributions — Employees can use the funds to pay for current and future eligible medical expenses free of taxes.
- Employer contribution option — You can choose to augment your employees’ savings. Employer contributions drive greater employee engagement and savings.
- Portability — Employees take the funds with them and can continue contributing if they opt for a qualified high-deductible plan in the future. Even if they don’t, they can spend remaining savings at any time on qualified medical expenses.
- Control over health care spending — HSAs can encourage employees to be more involved in managing their health care needs and promote more cost-conscious decisions.
About OptumHealth Bank
OptumHealth Bank, Member FDIC, is a leading HSA administrator with nearly 500,000 accounts. Visit our web site at www.OptumHealthBank.com.
Add an OptumHealth Bank HSA to your benefit plan
Call 1-866-427-6804 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reach an employer relations representative, who can walk you through:
- Enrollment and contribution methods
- Calculators and tools available to your employees
- Our competitive fees and interest rates
Online Self Service
Employers who offer Optum Bank HSAs can manage their benefits program online.To learn more about the benefits of working with Optum Bank, Call 1-866-427-6804 or email email@example.com to reach an employer relations representative,
© 2015 OptumHealth Financial. All rights reserved.