Health Savings Accounts
HSAs can empower your employees to get the most out of their health care dollars and take control of their spending. If you offer a qualified high-deductible health plan, you can offer an HSA to help manage costs and sustain health benefits.
Benefits for your organization
- Reduced payroll taxes — Employees’ pretax contributions reduce your payroll taxes and their taxable income (in most states).
- Decreased paperwork — Employees are responsible for verifying their expenses, paying for qualified medical expenses with their HSAs and reporting tax on account distributions.
- Enhanced benefits package — Attract and retain employees with a product that helps employees pay for health care now and save for health care in the future.
Benefits for your employees
- Reduced income taxes — Employees’ contributions reduce their taxable income (in most states).
- Tax-free growth — Accounts earn interest at competitive rates.
- Investment options — Employees can use some of their money to invest in no-load mutual funds for greater potential growth over time.
- Tax-free distributions — Employees can use the funds to pay for current and future eligible medical expenses free of taxes.
- Employer contribution option — You can choose to augment your employees’ savings. Employer contributions drive greater employee engagement and savings.
- Portability — Employees take the funds with them and can continue contributing if they opt for a qualified high-deductible plan in the future. Even if they don’t, they can spend remaining savings at any time on qualified medical expenses.
- Control over health care spending — HSAs can encourage employees to be more involved in managing their health care needs and promote more cost-conscious decisions.
About Optum Bank
Optum Bank, Member FDIC, is a leading HSA administrator with more than 1 million accounts. Visit our web site at www.OptumBank.com.
Add an Optum Bank HSA to your benefit plan
Call 1-866-427-6804 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reach an employer relations representative, who can walk you through:
- Enrollment and contribution methods
- Calculators and tools available to your employees
- Our competitive fees and interest rates
If you need HSA Customer service...
Call Optum Bank at 1-866-234-8913. Customer service representatives are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to
8 p.m. Eastern time
Online Self Service
Employers who offer Optum Bank HSAs can manage their benefits program online.To learn more about the benefits of working with Optum Bank, Call 1-866-427-6804 or email email@example.com to reach an employer relations representative,
© 2014 OptumHealth Financial. All rights reserved.