Electronic Payments and Statements
Imagine this: claims payments from health plans are deposited directly into your bank account. Every business day, a member of your staff logs into a secure website to view claims paid and view, download, search and/or print remittance advices to reconcile your patient accounts.
It’s real, and it’s what more than 850,000 doctors, hospitals, clinics and other health care providers are enjoying today. Isn’t it time you did, too?
How to enroll
Enrolling in Optum Electronic Payments and Statements is quick and simple. Follow the instructions to enroll online. Please note, this enrollment form is for new enrollments only. If you need to make changes to your organizations banking information or update contact information, please sign in to the EPS Portal to use the self-service tools to update your information.
There is no charge to you for the service, and you don’t have to buy or install any software. All you need is an Internet connection and a desire to speed up claims payments from our participating health plans.
Benefits to you:
- Claims payments made by electronic funds transfer (EFT) from health plans are deposited directly to your designated bank. You may be paid five to seven days faster than if you received paper checks by mail.
- Claims information is posted online one business day prior to the bank deposit, so you always know what’s coming. We also email you once a day when claims payments have been made.
- Electronic remittance advices (ERAs) are posted three to five days faster than mailed information, too. This lets you identify patient responsibility for care sooner.
- Unique payment identifier — EFTs and ERAs are tied together with a unique payment identification number to make reconciliation faster and easier.
- Claims payment histories are available and searchable on our website for up to 13 months.
- You can work faster by requesting bundles of remittance data for date periods and payers you specify.
And when you have questions, we’re here
We make getting started easy. We supply technical assistance and subject matter experts to assist you in integrating Electronic Payments and Statements into your business processes.
Once you’re using Electronic Payments and Statements, customer support and service are available:
- Online - Our website contains self-help tools and assistance.
- Telephone - Our customer support center is available for assistance from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Central Time), Monday through Friday at (877) 620-6194.
With thousands of providers using Electronic Payments and Statements, we use their feedback and suggestions to improve the service. News and updates about the system are broadcast over the Web site, too.