Health plans and health care providers can save time and money with OptumSM Electronic Payments and Statements (EPS), a fully integrated electronic remittance and payment solution.
Benefits for health care providers
- Improve cash flow and reduce settlement expenses — Access funds faster because payments are deposited directly into your bank account. Direct deposit payments eliminate time and costs associated with handling paper checks.
- Expedite the claims payment and reconciliation process — Reconcile claims and payments automatically and download patient benefit information into your system to save time and ensure accuracy.
- Manage your account online — View, print and download information from the easy-to-use Web site. Search for payments and claims by date, patient name, payment number and more. Request bundles of remittance data for the date periods and payers you specify.
Find out more information.
Benefits for health plans
- Transition claims from paper to electronic — More than 850,000 health care professionals already use EPS. That means you can expect 20 percent to 40 percent of your claims to go electronic almost immediately.
- Save on administrative costs and operate more efficiently —EPS eliminates costly manual and paper-based processes that create unnecessary administrative tasks and expenses for payers and providers alike.
- Encourage providers to enroll — We’ll give you the tools to conduct provider enrollment campaigns that motivate paper-based providers to adopt our cost-effective electronic solution.
Less paperwork costs less money
A mid- or large-size payer can save more than $5 million over five years with Optum Electronic Payments and Statements. Get started by calling 1-866-427-6804 or e-mailing email@example.com to reach an OptumHealth Financial Services representative.
© 2015 OptumHealth Financial. All rights reserved.